Date: March 15, 2020
To: The People We Support, Employees, and Care Providers
From: ImagineAbility Inc.
Re: CoVid-19 (Coronavirus Disease)
ImagineAbility is reaching out to all of the people we support to provide an update on the following decisions we have made surrounding COVID-19 (novel coronavirus):
1. People over the age of 60 and/or who have underlying health conditions are being asked to stay home beginning Monday, March 16, 2020 until we provide notice of safe return date.
2. People experiencing any of the following symptoms are being asked to stay home and to call Health Links at 204-788-8200:
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Trouble breathing
3. People who will be staying home are being asked to inform ImagineAbility at phone # 204-956-9700 or email address email@example.com
ImagineAbility is taking these decisions for the following reasons:
1. Caution – Public Health officials are stressing social distancing strategies as one of the important activities that we can do to decrease the likelihood of the spread of COVID-19. Additionally, they identify that people with underlying medical conditions, the elderly and/or those with suppressed immune systems are at greater risk. Reducing unnecessary contact with those we serve who have a higher likelihood of falling into these categories, just makes sense.
2. Reducing strain on resources – All organizations are working hard to prepare for and deal with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. All resources are needed to address these impacts.
If you are experiencing any of the COVID-19 symptoms, the first step is to call Health Links. The next step is to get tested for the virus at 1 of the 4 testing locations in Winnipeg:
- ACCESS Winnipeg West on Booth Drive
- Mount Carmel Clinic on Main Street
- ACCESS Fort Garry on Plaza Drive
- ACCESS Transcona on Regent Avenue West
Please, regularly check the ImagineAbility website for updates. www.imagineability.ca
ImagineAbility sincerely cares for the wellbeing of all of the people and families we support.
Thank you for your understanding.
The ImagineAbility Team