At ImagineAbility, we understand that everyone is unique and requires services that are tailored to their individual needs. We realize that the only way to accurately measure our services and determine how we can improve is to involve the people we support. As a result we are building closer relationships with people, both supported and employed, and involving them in our decision-making process for future planning. Our goal is to empower each person in leading their own self-directed service.
- Work through packaging and assembling various products for a variety of customers including Vita Health, Coghlan’s, Dixon Bayco, Boeing, Kitchen Craft and Brock White
- Work as a part of a team on a production line
- Using machinery such as a shrink-wrapper, heat-sealer (for blister packs), air drills, forklift, pallet jack
- Learning LEAN processes to help make the work more efficient for us and for our customers
- Receiving on-the-job support such as workplace accommodations and developing employable skills
- Receiving personal support such as medication administration, and assistance with eating and personal care
- Learn and practice culinary skills such as…
- Food preparation
- Food safety
- Food service
- Bussing tables
- Customer service
- Learn a variety of art techniques
- Work with different art mediums such as acrylic paint, pastels, Papier Mache, pencil, clay and many others
- Take art classes taught by local artists
Community Based Services
- Supports individuals through promotion of meaningful community based involvement. This may include recreational/leisure activities, the search for volunteer/paid employment and the pursuit of post-secondary education or retirement services.
- Supports structured to meet individual needs while promoting inclusion, independence, choice and self-advocacy.
- Learn how to mix soil, grow seedlings from seed, and watch your plants thrive
- Learn how to fertilize, water and care for your plants
- Harvest vegetables, herbs and flowers to take home
Community Leisure and Supported Employment Services
- Access to Individualized Services which offers a holistic approach allowing you to lead your own life and aspire towards your goals and dreams.
- Collaboration with your circle of supports to build on what is important to and important foryou in order for you to have a meaningful and safe experience.
- Access to community places and to new experiences based on your interests and needs. Activities can involve culinary, Arts & Culture, Literacy, Karaoke, Life Skills and work experiences. Work experiences can include activities such as light cleaning, building social skills and friendships, money management, volunteer and work placements, and determining personal goals.
* There is a $35.00 monthly fee for part-time service-users and a $50.00 monthly fee for full-time service-users. This is for the 436 William Avenue location only.