At ImagineAbility, we understand that everyone is unique and requires services that are tailored to their individual needs. We realize that the only way to accurately measure our services and determine how we can improve is to involve the people we support. As a result we are building closer relationships with people, both supported and employed, and involving them in our decision-making process for future planning. Our goal is to empower each person in leading their own self-directed service.
500 Madison St. Services
- Work through packaging and assembling various products for a variety of customers including Vita Health, Coghlan’s, Dixon Bayco, Boeing, Kitchen Craft and Brock White
- Work as a part of a team on a production line
- Using machinery such as a shrink-wrapper, heat-sealer (for blister packs), air drills, forklift, pallet jack
- Learning LEAN processes to help make the work more efficient for us and for our customers
- Receiving on-the-job support such as workplace accommodations and developing employable skills
- Receiving personal support such as medication administration, and assistance with eating and personal care
Learn and practice culinary skills such as…
- Food preparation
- Food safety
- Food service
- Bussing tables
- Customer service
- Learn a variety of art techniques
- Work with different art mediums such as acrylic
paint, pastels, Papier Mache, pencil, clay and many others
- Take art classes taught by local artists
ImagineAbility participants show off their singing talents every Monday and Friday afternoon. You will hear everything from smooth jazz, country, old rock, Broadway hits and more! Always a full house, an incredibly appreciative audience guarantees that EVERYONE feels like a superstar!
For those preferring a lower impact yoga class, or for those in wheelchairs or with mobility issues. Chair yoga is a gentle approach to maintaining a healthy body and mind.
GUIDED MEDITATION AND MINDFULNESS
A process by which our participants meditate and relax in response to the “guide”; either via sound recordings, video or audio visual media or music and verbal instruction. Participants always leave the meditation/mindfulness session feeling completely refreshed and relaxed!
A music class focusing on rhythm and movement, including: rhythm instruments, singing, dancing and themed music history. Music therapy is incorporated, addressing; physical, emotional, cognitive and social needs through all of these activities. Writing songs, listening to different styles of music, drumming and guided imagery are also included in this 1 hour class.
Wii JUST DANCE
Involves using a hand-held remote control to track your movements as you learn new dance moves, following a dance video on the big screen! A fun activity for people of all skill levels who love; dancing, finding creative ways to explore and having a blast with friends!
ImagineAbility participants can sign up for a manicure on Friday mornings from 8:30 – 12 noon. You can pick your own colours, designs and decals. Put your beauty crowns on and get ready to feel pampered!
Those with an interest in fitness are encouraged to try out various exercises and start the day off with a boost of energy in a safe, supervised environment. Our coaches can cater to beginner or advanced level participants with our own in house gym equipment and workout machines.
Our PlayStation III Console has forty different games to enjoy; from adventure and sports, to games of strategy. Accommodating 1-4 players, depending on the game, this can be a solo or group activity.
Virtual reality (VR) is an experience taking place within simulated and immersive environments that can be similar to or completely different from the real world. ImagineAbility’s VR station is supervised and includes many games that will leave you feeling like the characters are “alive and coming at you”!
Whether you have a green thumb or not, like to play in the dirt, enjoy a good workout, or know a weed from a winner …..If you have a good sense of humour and enjoy interacting with fellow gardeners, then ImagineAbility’s Garden Crew is for you! Fresh air, vitamin D and comradery are guaranteed! “To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow”.
Creative? Love jewelry? Join us in our beading group! We have many different types and colours of beads to choose from. Make necklaces, bracelets, rings, anklets, let your imagination run wild and create create create!
Join one of our resident art teachers in exploring different techniques and medias in art. Painting, sketching, tile mosaics, lessons in art history, and much, much more are enjoyed in this weekly class.
Themed craft classes are enjoyed by many of ImagineAbility’s participants. In a relaxing, pressure free atmosphere, artists both beginner and advanced, are guided through a themed project each week. The result is a unique piece of art that can be shared and enjoyed by all!
Community Based Services
- Supports individuals through promotion of meaningful community based involvement. This may include recreational/leisure activities, the search for volunteer/paid employment and the pursuit of post-secondary education or retirement services.
- Supports structured to meet individual needs while promoting inclusion, independence, choice and self-advocacy.
436 William Ave. Services
Community Leisure and Supported Employment Services
- Access to Individualized Services which offers a holistic approach allowing you to lead your own life and aspire towards your goals and dreams.
- Collaboration with your circle of supports to build on what is important to and important foryou in order for you to have a meaningful and safe experience.
- Access to community places and to new experiences based on your interests and needs. Activities can involve culinary, Arts & Culture, Literacy, Karaoke, Life Skills and work experiences. Work experiences can include activities such as light cleaning, building social skills and friendships, money management, volunteer and work placements, and determining personal goals.
* There is a $35.00 monthly fee for part-time service-users and a $50.00 monthly fee for full-time service-users. This is for the 436 William Avenue location only.